Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Eye on Lures.

Sometimes when talking with people about lure values it is easy to see that collector to collector value can be much less than the prices realized on ebay.

I have spoken to people who think they are sitting on a gold mine of lures, who are shocked when told that the value of the lure is really based on a number of factors and not necessarily the lure itself.
Color, rarity, lure type are issues that just scratch the surface.
What I will pay for a NPY Heddon is much more than the going rate. This is because I seek it, I collect it and I probably need it in order to complete my case.

This means I am willing to spend much more for these lures than most... not necessarily the actual value. Ebay prices tend to be quite a bit higher than actual worth of the lure, this in turn, gives the public a false sense of lure prices and value

My recommendation to someone looking to make a quick buck is this:
I am not paying that price. if you would like to realize more profit, throw it to the wolves and sell on ebay.

That being said... here are some examples of what I am talking about. Prices not really in line with the lure, yet still commanding a respectable sum. Keep your eye on the ball....
Chuck

A Bagley B-Flat2
in Bass color, Brass hardware etc. Sold on Ebay at $158.26
A Fred C. Young
Nice vintage 70's era bait here in perfect condition worth every penny if you collect it! Sold on Ebay at $512.00 (or half the cost of a NEW sturdy jon-boat) amazing!


Creek Chub - Saltwater Husky
in "got you every-time" gold-fish scale Sold on Ebay at $674.00


and Lastly....NOT true to its name...This NO-snag has in fact snagged someone.
Heddon River Runt ( no Snag)
in that color mentioned above "got you every-time" gold-fish scale Sold on Ebay at $416.00